We are called Brave Combo. One time, after playing a club in Springfield, Missouri, we decided to drive out of town a little and find a motel on the road to Kansas City (our destination for the next night’s gig). After driving north west on state Highway 13 for about an hour, we saw a sign that said “Humansville — Next Exit.” So we took the exit and drove around town awhile. It was 3:00 AM and aside from our van, nothing was moving. It was a shame we didn’t find a motel, ’cause we really wanted to stay in Humansville.
1. Money Can’t Buy Everything American – Polish Polka
2. Canto a La Salsa – Salsa
3. Besame Mucho – Latin Stroll
4. Our Imagined Image – Foxtrot
5. Viva la Reina – Tex Mex Polka
6. Chem-oo-Chem – Armenian Folk Song
7. Poor People of Paris – Muzak Swing
8. La Negra Mariachi – Huapango
9. Night – Rhumba
10. Can Can* – Fast Cabaret Polka
11. Move – Frustration Rock Ska
12. Tick Tock Polka – Czech Polka
13. Ay, Me Duele – Mexican Cha Cha
14. Oh, What A Beautiful Morning – Twist
15. Tubular Jugs – Schottische
Recorded during the Spring of 1988.
Engineered by Martin Walters at Heads Up Studio, Roanoke, Texas.
“Tick Tock Polka” engineered by David Rosenblad at Dallas Sound Lab, Las Colinas, Texas.
Extra percussion by Lee Ann Harris.
Cover photograph courtsey of the Chicago Tribune.
Sculpture by patrick McKearnan.
Band photography by Jane Finch.
Design by Nancy Given.
*Extra track on CD only